The family history of the human race begins with God. The book of Genesis is history, not fantasy and the story of Genesis chapter 2 is the story of our beginnings.
- We are of God: God formed man (Genesis 2:7) and God breathed life into man. Only then did man become a living creature.
- The world was made for man: we are not merely one small part is the vast machine that is the universe: we are special!
- We are made in God’s image (Genesis 1:26,27).
- Eden was created just for Adam as his special environment.
- The special attention given to God’s creation of man and woman shows their special place in God’s heart and in God’s creation.
To fail to live in this knowledge is to deliberately chose insignificance and despair over eternal significance and hope, hope that can only find its realisation in God our Creator!